Monday, March 30, 2009

One door closed, getting ready to open another!

I am really proud of myself for what I did today, it wasn't easy and it has been needing to be done and I finally did it. I cut all "ties" with my ex Jorge. He owes me a substantial amount of money, which I feel he is using to keep me somewhat in his life. He has had 2 chances to pay me back and neglected to on both occasions. So today I made the decision to forgive him, forget about the money and move on. I wrote him a letter, I let everything I felt gush out, I let him know that I forgave him and that I hope he gets help. I let him know that what he did hurt me and that I know he is a good person deep down, just a good person in need of some help. I never intended to send him the letter but I did end up emailing it to him. Now I wrote the letter in English my first language, as I felt things would be better expressed, I also sent the letter to him in English to which he doesn't speak or read very well. Hopefully he will take some time to translate it. I am sure he will be happy that he doesn't have to pay me back the money, but I hope he takes to heart what I said about getting help. Good bye my friend, we had a good journey, I learned a lot, but it is time for me to move onward.


You all know what they say, when one door closes, another one opens! I can finally say I am ready for that door to open! I am really looking forward to what life has in store for me. I have put it out to the universe that I would really like to meet some new gal pals, as good women companions are not easy to find, especially here in Vallarta. I have been fortunate enough to meet two really neat women in the last few weeks, and I look forward to getting to know them better!

I went to the mall today, something I seldom do here. It was about 4pm and I hadn't had lunch yet, so trying to stay on course I got a Subway and sat down to eat before meeting my client. As I was sitting eating, a young Mexican boy and his dad sat down beside me. They had just gone to McDonalds and gotten ice cream, it was clearly a treat for the little boy who spoke with the cutest lisp in Spanish. I could hear him saying to his dad "Thank you so much for the ice cream daddy, I really love vanilla" Then he sang a bit of a song that he learned at school, all while vanilla ice cream dripped off his chin. His dad got up to get a napkin and told the little boy to sit tight and not move. I had become a fly on the wall observing their afternoon outing and as the dad was gone the little boy locked eyes with me and gave me a huge smile and a wave. Children amaze me, that happy little boys wave made my heart smile, I proceeded to wave back with a mouth full of sandwich, he then carried on eating his ice cream, legs swining, and mouth singing his song. Just a little reminder to take a break from the crazy merry-go-round that is our lives and enjoy the smiplicity of a smile from a stranger, whatever age they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment